We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 14 December 2009

Challenge 10 - A sketch

Photobucket

Gosh thank you for all your fabulous entries for our previous challenge, what a wonderful array of colours and stamps and many many thanks to Jo Capper-Sandon for being our special guest designer, do pop over to her blog as its always packed with fantastic creations & great ideas.

Also thank you once again to the delightful Joanna Sheen for sponsoring us again!

A bit later than expected as I've had FLU! OMG I havent had a flu in years just bad colds so I've been behind on visiting everyones blogs and posting winners. All done now so without further ado here's the winners....
We had 70 entries to our Alternative Xmas challenge and the voucher winner is...

18 - CraftyC (Claire)

Well Done Claire, please email me your details to have the voucher sent to you x

Winners of the Top 3 blinkies chosen by the team go to.....

Chelsea - Crafting Life's Pieces

Dawn - Craft Addiction

Cheryl - Ch3rrie's Creations

Well Done ladies, such a varied choice this time too! Please grab yourself a Top 3 blinkie from the sidebar, lovely work x


Just a quick note about entry comments. I've had to change the settings to blog owner approval because of spam being posted on the last challenge twice and I can't approve comments until I'm on my lappy usually after the kids go to bed (late!) at night! So don't worry if it doesnt appear straight away, just check the next day as it should be there then.




Photobucket



We're sponsored for this challenge by Donna's Den of Crafts and have a £10 gift voucher to spend in her online shop. Donna's Den stocks a range of items including brand names like Smirk, DCWV, Dovecraft and My Craft Studio, with lots of little treasures and goodies to be found. Pop over to have a look!


Donna also runs a challenge blog exclusively for Mens/Boys cards. We all have to do them sometime and she has a fabulous design team with tons of inspiration. Cards for Men challenge blog is here.




Photobucket



CHALLENGE 10 SKETCH



Onto Challenge 10 which is a delightful sketch by our DT member Jenny. Remember sketches are open to interpretation so I'd also like to see some spins on it! If you've never done a sketch before then there is a tutorial here. Debbie our special guest had never done one either and has aced it so have a go with nothing to fear :)





I hope you have a lot of fun with this sketch as we have and thank you to our Design Team for all the hard work, time and effort they put into making this blog and to our special guests who willingly share their time and skills with us. Have a very Merry Christmas everyone and we'll be back on Dec 28th (Also my birthday yay!) with our next challenge.



Here's what our Design Team have created for this challenge. Thanks very much ladies and have a lovely Christmas x


Judie




I have used different coloured pink squares, attached some acetate for the middle square and two different sized circles, i have added the letters to spell girl around the card. I have used my distress ruler to add a bit of depth to the card. Enjoy everyone




Julie




I started with a blank square card, cut the mirror card to size and stuck onto the card added the strips of messages. I then used some snow effect 3D card which I have had for a while the 3d effect does not show very well. Not having a circle cutter I cheated a little and drew around a roll of double sided tape to cut out the larger of the two circles, I then mounted the circle picture that I had chosen. I finished off with the sentiment and some gems.




Lisa






Mandy



I used the sketch as a layout inspiration for an A5 card. The base was made from an A4 sheet chocolate coloured cardstock with papers from Basic Grey Cupcake pack.
The matted layers were cut using Nestabilities dies. The stamped image is from Lili of the Valley and is the perfect image for my car game mad hubbie's birthday card. I have coloured the image with Promarkers and Sakura pens
The gift parcel in the top corner is a cardstock sticker from the paperpack. The sentiment in the bottom corner is a Letraset rub on and I have added Stickles glue to add some highlights to the patterned paper.






I used Prickley Pear Rubber stamps for my images and Melissa Frances paper. I glittered up the image the Poinsetta image after I colored it with Prismacolor Markers. I sprayed the entire card lightly with Gold Glimmer Mist.



Vix



For this sketch I've used an image by The Greetings Farm called Summer Fairy. I coloured with promarkers and much use of the blender for lighter shades and a copic spica glitter pen on the wings then used heritage shimmer ink in light and mid blue around the image and edges then very gently with a black brilliance blending in towards the centre. This was mounted on silver paper and like Julie I don't own nesties etc so used a CD as a stencil instead :) The image itself holds a flower so I've added a flora doodles one with a large bead cap, a spacer and a crystal gem brad through the centre to add more dimension with 2 small chains and a glass heart bead and made with love charm. (Tip: If you struggle to get the brad through the bead caps give it a nip with a cropodile or very gently twist the brad till it goes through)

The 4 squares backing paper is a printout from designer extreme vol 3 and I added a square of blue card beneath the circle that matches the base card and stamped around the corners with a star stamp from Tracey Coates' butterfly beauties sheet. The sentiment is from Tracey's Starburst Fairies.


Now may I have the pleasure of introducing our special guest for this challenge, Debbie Dolphin! Debbie has a project in the current issue of craft stamper magazine which is also a great idea for those last minute gifts. She is lucky enough to work at The Stampman and has produced some beautiful designs using their stamps, hop over to her blog and check them out!



SPECIAL GUEST DESIGNER - DEBBIE DOLPHIN

My name is Debbie Dolphin. I am married with two kids, a boy of 13 and a girl 10. I have from a very early age been interested in crafts, being the daughter of a Brownie Leader! I just love things that are handmade. It was probably about 10 years ago now that I walked into The Stampman in Skipton where I saw a man demonstrating with Gold powder and a heatgun and was just gobsmacked with the results and have been hooked ever since. I just couldn't keep away from the place and have worked for them for the last 7 years. I love it though unfortunately I tend to spend my wages there most weeks. No wonder they offered me a job!! hee hee


Recently I have featured in the latest copy of Craft Stamper which has been something I have always wanted to do.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and take on the sketch DT girls! Fab work! Hugs!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was really looking forward to the creations from this sketch and they are all fab. Gives me lots of ideas !! Well done ladies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guy's, I must say I really enjyed this challenge and managed to get my second christmas card made....
    Loving all the DT card's and cant wait to make another...
    http://peterjdan.blogspot.com/2009/12/bit-of-gilding-tutorial.html

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Claire!!

    Thank you for choosing me as one of the top 3's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my entry
    I hope I haven't changed it too much!! This challenge really made me think which made it more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work once again by the DT.

    here is my card

    hugs
    Kaza.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch! You can see mine here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou so much for the win, Joanna has a great shop and the voucher will be put to good use!. Happy Christmas everyone!!!!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the DT cards, lots of inspiration, I kept mine simple and already looking forward to spring :-)
    Here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant cards from the DT and from the entrys, well done everyone, and thanks for making the time xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas!
    Heres my entry
    Hugs
    SuzyX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nearly forgot about this challenge - Christmas got in the way.

    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crafters Corner - I cant open your card up hun ??? Perhaps you can help Vix xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.