We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 27 February 2017

#183 Go Green

Judy is hosting our challenge today, and the theme is Go Green. We want to see lots of lovely lush green on your creations in honour of St. Patrick's Day which is on Friday 17th March, or you could make a St. Patrick's Day card.

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it's either mostly green or has a St. Patrick's Day theme.

Please remember our 15 total challenge rule!

Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

Judy
I chose to make a card using a rubber stamp by Stampers Anonymous' Tim Holtz Collection called Tree Line. When I think green my first thought is of the beautiful forest that surrounds my home. I used a combination of watercolours and Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow waterbased dye ink to colour the card.

Josephine
I chose to cross stitch a pattern by Barbara Thomson Designs which I made into a coaster. I love Rennie Mackintosh type designs, and this one was mainly green, so fits the challenge!
 
Here to show you a card I made for a friend who loves cats. Used one of the Tim Holtz cat and balloon dies, some very green patterned  papers, completed the design with gems and ribbon. Happy crafting, Angela x
 
Mary
I added to my cards for next Christmas and used Tattered Lace's charisma holly die and CD ROM. I edged the layers with narrow silver ribbon and hid the joins with silver card candi.

For my card I used a green woodgrain paper and added a little more interest with some texture paste and a stencil.   As a focal point I added some more layered papers and a flower cluster which includes some gauze and die cut leaves.  I also added some prills, a little glass glitter and a bow made from seam binding which was coloured using green Liquitex ink.

I used mix of green papers and added flowers. Sentiment: Today is your Birthday.

 
When I read about our theme "Go Green" I thought of this stamp which I had wanted to use on a card forever ;o) I used Zig markers to colour it and Distress Inks to create the background. happy crafting, everyone.

I am in need of masculine cards so choose to make this monkey card with a fairly simple textured green background, yet full of good cheer with a happy image.

I love St. Patrick's Day and decided to go with a traditional card for this challenge.  The cute little shamrock stamp and sentiment are from Endless Creations and the stitched rectangle dies are MFT.  A little claddagh charm was added for interest.  A beautiful St. Patrick's Day to all! 

I don't do St Patrick's day so I went with a card that is mostly green.

My card is both green in colour and in the sense I was using up scraps - left over bits from kits I had bought in the past, and a piece of marbled paper I had in my stash.
 
I have gone with a design from Heartfelt Creations' Peacock Paisley paper pad. In order to szhuzzh it up a little I have glittered parts of the peacock and around the frames. More details on my blog


I have been playing with my Cricut a lot recently having bought the cartridge To You From Me and a scoring tool, so I couldn't resist having a go at the gift card holder.  Have used some old paper from First Editions and used a butterfly punch, some gems, raffia cord and beads and a couple of dies for the sentiment label - not a marker in sight!
 
The base of my tag is a mixture of greens but I have also used stash that I had previously made and stored. Full details are available on by blog
 
I chose to make a card from the Cricut Design Space.  This is one of the Make It Now Projects.  This one is called "Christmas Bow Card" and the images are from the Anna Griffin's Christmas Cards and Embellishments cartridge. My first Christmas card for 2017.

CCM Blog Signature

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the green challenge and delightful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some gorgeous cards by the DT, really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful DT work - what a gorgeous selection :-) Thank you for this Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.